I sold my Nexus 7 2013

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks I finally sold my nexus 7 2013 and I got what I paid for it lol.

Not to say it was a bad tablet on the contrary it was great but had some hiccups that simply annoyed the chap out of me.

As for the hiccups the screen responsiveness was hit or miss at best, when I would touch the screen around the right bezel it would register touches on the left half of the screen.

I was noticing dead pixels popping up and abnormally bright spots on the screen that would not go away no matter what.

I was using my device primarily in portrait mode if your wondering.

Anyways I got 300 for the 32 gig nexus 7 2013 and used it to buy 2 blackberry z10s used for 150 each....i was amazed I guess the person did not know the value of what he had.

Anyways the touch responsiveness on the z10 is world's better.

And blackberry 10.2.1 is amazing. Anyways that's all I have to say

- android + 2 blackberry = :)

Sent from my Z10

Last edited by a moderator:

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: I sold my nexus 7 2013

Hey folks I finally sold my nexus 7 2013 and I got what I paid for it lol.

Not to say it was a bad tablet on the contrary it was great but had some hiccups that simply annoyed the chap out of me.

As for the hiccups the screen responsiveness was hit or miss at best, when I would touch the screen around the right bezel it would register touches on the left half of the screen.

I was noticing dead pixels popping up and abnormally bright spots on the screen that would not go away no matter what.

I was using my device primarily in portrait mode if your wondering.

Anyways I got 300 for the 32 gig nexus 7 2013 and used it to buy 2 blackberry z10s used for 150 each....i was amazed I guess the person did not know the value of what he had.

Anyways the touch responsiveness on the z10 is world's better.

And blackberry 10.2.1 is amazing. Anyways that's all I have to say

- android + 2 blackberry = :)

Sent from my Z10

The Blackberry Z10, is that the phone? also is it any good? Someone I know is selling theirs for cheap and I wasnt sure if it was a good phone or not.

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

The Blackberry Z10, is that the phone? also is it any good? Someone I know is selling theirs for cheap and I wasnt sure if it was a good phone or not.

Yes the phone

Oh my gosh is it any good its amazing.

I cannot understand why more people don't jump on this. It's the fastest mobile os I have ever used the screen is fantastic touch responsiveness is beyond amazing you have blackberry world for apps you can sideload the amazon app store and install any android apps you pretty much want giving it has a android 4.2.2 runtime.

I will never go back to android it's so good to have all your messages in the hub. And the keyboard is the best I've ever used it's powered by swift key but built by blackberry

I would recommend the z10 to anybody and everybody

Sent from my Z10

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Yes the phone

Oh my gosh is it any good its amazing.

I cannot understand why more people don't jump on this. It's the fastest mobile os I have ever used the screen is fantastic touch responsiveness is beyond amazing you have blackberry world for apps you can sideload the amazon app store and install any android apps you pretty much want giving it has a android 4.2.2 runtime.

I will never go back to android it's so good to have all your messages in the hub. And the keyboard is the best I've ever used it's powered by swift key but built by blackberry

I would recommend the z10 to anybody and everybody

Sent from my Z10

Thanks for the info, Ive never had a blackberry phone before, so does it have the Google Play store as well as Blackberry's own one?

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the info, Ive never had a blackberry phone before, so does it have the Google Play store as well as Blackberry's own one?

There's no direct google play store. But there's a website you can go to where of you insert the link to the free app from Google play it will download it to your phone and you can just install it that way. You can get the 1moble android app store and the amazon app store though

Sent from my Z10

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

There's no direct google play store. But there's a website you can go to where of you insert the link to the free app from Google play it will download it to your phone and you can just install it that way. You can get the 1moble android app store and the amazon app store though

Sent from my Z10

Perfect thanks, might just have to buy the Z10 lol

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Perfect thanks, might just have to buy the Z10 lol

Do your usual research when it comes to getting a new phone still but the screen size is perfect in my opinion

This is my favourite phone and I've owned iphones, androids, and windows phones

Sent from my Z10

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

A tiny 4.2 inch screen with only
768 x 1280 pixels of resolution? And a proprietary OS? No Android apps? Are these the right specs for the Z10?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

A tiny 4.2 inch screen with only
768 x 1280 pixels of resolution? And a proprietary OS? No Android apps? Are these the right specs for the Z10?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Sure the screen is a tad smaller than most now but at 355ppi it's hardly a slouch it's got amazing contrast and viewing angles without being over saturated.

And what do you mean no android apps I can install pretty much any android apk that I want to. I'm using the android tapatalk app as we speak to write this post on my z10

Sent from my Z10

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Blackberry blows. They have one foot in bankruptcy court and their marketshare is hardly a blip now. But if owning outdated dying technology makes you happy, then so be it. Say, can I interest you in some Commodore and Amiga computers to go with your Blackberry?

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Blackberry blows. They have one foot in bankruptcy court and their marketshare is hardly a blip now. But if owning outdated dying technology makes you happy, then so be it. Say, can I interest you in some Commodore and Amiga computers to go with your Blackberry?

Lol oh you androids are teh bestest kind. BlackBerry are not bankrupt. And are not out dated. Because you really cannot compare specs of different platforms case and point the Nokia lumia 520 runs better with a 1gig dial core and half a gig of ram runs better than androids with faster processors and a gig of ram.

The z10 is optimised

Sent from my Z10

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I still want one. I saw one in person briefly in December and it was very cool. I read some tips and tricks articles and it's on my wish list. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

While I agree with the premise that one should not compare performance across OSes, BlackBerry is in financial trouble. It remains to be seen whether they will survive. However, they did just sign up Ford to use QNX for their next generation car systems, so that is good.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious where did you sold you nexus on? So i know where to look if I need to sell mine later. Btw, what if the guy who bought it from you is as annoyed as you receiving the device. No refund liability? :)

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

This post was only mentioned so I could simply state my reasoning for getting rid of my nexus 7 and my experience switching platforms.

I never intended to bash any platform as when my nexus 7 was working properly I loved it and it's a fantastic tablet.

I just find blackberry 10.2.1 to be a better platform for me.

I actually just found out I could sideload a app on my z10 called snap that gives me direct access to Google play store!! And it even etc me re download apps I have previously purchased for use on my former androids

Another reason to love blackberry 10

Sent from my Z10