Google Voice Search Results

1eyedjack

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
When I ask Google voice search for the weather in any city in the USA, it always reports the temperature in degrees Celsius. Is the any way to set the default to degrees Fahrenheit?

Posted via Android Central App

1eyedjack

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
True, but that is not what I asked. My location is in the CONUS and so is the City I requested the weather on.

Ask "What is the weather in Atlanta, GA" ...

jnbarth

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
On the Google now screen, find the weather tab. One of the setup options is C or F.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
It has nothing to do with the launcher, go to the google now screen that comes up in the stock launcher when you swipe up the home button.

first find the weather card and tap the button in the top right of the card(one with 3 vertical dots) and that will take you to the card set up questions. First question will ask you if this card is helpful right now. Select yes.the second One will ask you which units you prefer for the temperature. Select Fahrenheit.

1eyedjack

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I must be missing something. My N7 is bone stock and swiping up from the home button brings up the bare bones, standard, Google search screen sans any "Cards".

What am I missing?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I think you have to turn on google now. Swipe up on the home button and then hit menu and settings and turn google now on.

1eyedjack

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That fixed it. Turned on Google Now and the voice search started reporting the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit. Location is off.

Thanks!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
That fixed it. Turned on Google Now and the voice search started reporting the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit. Location is off.

Thanks!

Great! It's cool because Google now has different settings and customization for the different cards as well as the service in general.

I love Google now. It remembers your routines and activity and shows you relevant info for different days/times. Really neat!

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd be interested in hearing more about the benefits of "google now". What sort of info does it provide that you find useful?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
It gives you the weather in your hometown and where you are at any given moment.

It gives you articles on topics of interest based on your search activity.

It follows your routines and "knows" where you are going to go on a certain day and tells you the estimated time to destination and the traffic conditions for the route.

It shows you sports schedules and live scores based on your favorite teams.

it gives Movie times based on theaters you have went to/searched.

It gives you local events and activities that are going on based in your preference and location at the moment.

And a few other cool things I can't think of at the moment.

Also that's not to mention the hello Google voice search and device control by voice that it does.

Sometimes it seems like it reads your mind and something that you were going to go search or look up is already there waiting.

Overall just a REALLY cool experience and I'm sure it'll only get better.

Last edited: