Too early to sell to get the max back when the Nexus 8 comes out?

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I've got kind of a problem, but it's a nice one to have because its about tech and I love tech. You see the Nexus 7 2013 32GB that I own has a screen that is just a little too small for my eyes. In the beginning I didn't see this as a problem, more of a benefit due to its size, but as I've continued to use it, I realize I'm using it more for web browsing, rather than media watching which is what it's perfect for, but, in my opinion, it comes up just a little short when you do a bunch of web browsing. Having an iPad air as well only heightens the point with its larger screen, but I really do want to continue with an Android device as I've invested enough in the Android ecosystem that it would be a shame to just move on, plus I just like the freedom of Android.

So, basically the rumors are flying about the Nexus 8. Will that extra inch make the world of a difference, I don't know, but I know it's something I'd be interested in purchasing it when it does come out in July????, especially a 4G LTE model, but that puts me in a situation with what to do with the Nexus 7. I did get a lot of use out of it when I had an iPad 3 which was huge and heavy, then when I got the 1 pound iPad Air, the weight benefit of the Nexus wasn't as crucial anymore,and the screen size started to become a factor.

What I'm thinking is that there's gonna be a rush of people selling their Nexus 7 gear on Ebay, etc. when the Nexus 8 gets announced and the value of the Nexus 7 will take a bigger hit at that point. I know right now Ebay is already saturated with Nexus 7 models, so it's just a cross your fingers situation and hope you get as much back as you can if it's through an auction or hope you've priced it right as a buy it now item, but if I've got my heart set on the next generation model of the Nexus line; it's just a matter of knowing when to sell it, but can't come to terms if it's just way too early now.

I'm thinking after eBay auction costs I'd get somewhere between $150 - $170 in my pocket to go to the Nexus 8, but will it really make much of a difference selling it after the Nexus 8 gets announced. There's other Android product out there with 8.3 inch size screens, but I really want to stick with Google on this one as I do like the value of the product, the reliability I've had and always being the first in line for future firmware upgrades.

So, that's my story. Anyone have any thoughts or am I just coming across as someone with way too much free time on my hands.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it is early to be thinking about the next Nexus 7/8 tablet. But if don't need or use your 2013 Nexus 7 regularly why not sell it? I doubt it will ever be worth more.

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I'm jumping the gun here with the Nexus 8 and If I'm honest, I still use it enough to justify holding on to it. I'll wait and see what Google brings out officially and take it from there and hold off until then to sell the Nexus 7. Was just having one of those low productive Friday's and came across a bunch of online talk about the Nexus 8 and that got my mind thinking.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar