Amazon Android Apps Won't Open (But They're There)

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, hope you can help.

I heard about the free Android apps that Amazon is offering, so I went to download Wheel of Fortune (on my Nexus 7 2013) to try it out.

It said I had to download the Amazon Appstore app first. Grumble. But OK, I did it. It opened automatically.

I got the Wheel app there. It downloaded and installed, and opened. I checked it out for a bit, then closed it.

I went to play again, and neither Wheel or the Appstore logos are on my "desktop".

Usually you can go into "Settings/Apps", click and hold the logo of an app, and it will then let you drag it to the desktop. This isn't the case with either Wheel or Appstore.

Turns out none of the other apps will, either. The "hold and drag" feature has stopped working. Anyone know why that would be? If there's an app on the tablet but there's not a logo on the desktop yet, there's no way to get one there and open it now. Ack.

Steve in Florida

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Settings/Apps brings you to the app manager. You need to open the App Drawer, which you do by tapping the circular icon with the grid of dots, at the center of your Favorites Tray.

If it still isn't working, have you tried rebooting?

Posted via Android Central App