Game playing on Nexus 7

samwls

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, is there a way to improve battery consumption on this device while playing games? Like even I play poker, the battery drops so fast, while it lasts much longer on watching movies. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Game playing on nexus 7

Welcome to Android Central! Playing games will generally use more battery than watching videos, because there are probably more processes going on with the game (e.g., animation, touch registering, increased bursts of CPU processing depending on the complexity of the game). With video playing, there's just the one process of video playback that's going on. That's why the video playback time reported by manufacturers (and corroborated by reviewers) is usually longer than the actual battery life with real world use--with video playback time, they just play a video and leave the tablet alone until the battery runs out, without disturbing it or switching between apps.

Posted via Android Central App

longsock123

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Game playing on nexus 7

I think the two biggest ones are screen brightness and game quality. Try turning down the brightness, and if you are having big problems, try turning down the special effects and graphics quality. Also, some games want permission to use high battery GPS use, so turning that to low GPS should help a little. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis