Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera disabled

I've had my Nexus 7 for about 6 weeks but have never wanted to use the camera until now. It's running KitKat 4.4.2. When I go to the camera app I get the message "camera disabled because of security policies". Can anybody tell me why this is happening and how I get the camera to work?

Thanks

Default Re: Camera disabled

Sounds like your company's exchange email policies prohibit the use of the camera. I have had that happen to me and since it was me voluntarily using my phone for work email. I just removed their email, kind of dumb for the company I work for to do that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. I don't work for anybody, it's my own machine and the only email on it is my own Gmail account. I'd be grateful if anybody has any other suggestions.

Only other thing i can think of is, have you disabled the lock screen shortcut somehow? If so that may be the cause (but thats a shot in the dark. hopefully someone else has a solution)

in the mean time, try clearing data for the camera app to see if that helps.