Nexus 7: Screen Issue

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone own the 2013 Nexus 7 without a screen problem? I am very serious, recently bought one and have my 2nd one due on Monday. My 1st one worked great until 4hours into the tablet I couldn't get any response from the screen. Had to reboot to get it working. The more I used it this became the norm. I'm just pissed off, such a great tablet and I didn't hear anything about this issue from any Android website. Maybe I missed it but the more I look the note I see this is a very serious problem. That is why I am asking, does anyone own the new Nexus tablet without this frustrating screen problem.
Thank You,
Vinny

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen Issue

I have no problem with mine. Early production units had an issue with touch sensitivity, but I thought later units fixed the issue.

Posted via Android Central App

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

I think they ALL have at least some degree of problem with touch on the screen.

I consider myself lucky as I have a nearly perfect one, but when put down on a table the screen won't register touches at least 75% of the time unless I am touching it with my other hand kind of like "completing the circuit"
Like I said I think they all have this problem to some degree. Some just take it a step further and have problems even when holding.

B. Diddy, do you have any loss of touch recognition when device is not in hand?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Maybe I'm just lucky! It's always in a case, so maybe I can test it without the case.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I'm hoping my next one, should be here tomorrow, will be AOK. Too bad such a great tablet and the manufacturer is playing dumb. I called customer assistance, Asus, they said and I quote, "thank you for telling us about this issue" I had informed them of the number of complaints on line about screen issue. Like they never heard about this problem before I had called.
Thanks again,
Vinny

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

The only issue I have noticed, and its not really a bad thing is when you open an app it has to be a deliberate touch not just a quick tap.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

Maybe I'm just lucky too but have not had any problems with my screen.

doug

I would have never have thought that I had any problems with my screen either until on tried to use it while the device was put down on a wooden table and not in my hand.

I wouldn't really call it a huge problem as I never really use the tablet without holding it in hand, but it IS (at least for me) a defect of some sort.

Have you tried to use it with device put down on a table and just navigating the screen with one hand?

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the screen problem..
.. these changes fixed it..

From Settings.. Developer.. then,
Turn Force GPU rendering off
Turn Force 4X MSAA on
Turn Disable HW overlays on
.. everything else unchecked.

From Accessibility
Touch duration = short

From Runtime..
Change from Dalvik to ART

From play store
Loaded Google Play Launcher

Not sure exactly why, but the above changes fixed the screen and touch problems.. it flies now.

No more lag and no more sticky screens.
Hope it works for you too.

Den

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the screen problem..
.. these changes fixed it..

From Settings.. Developer.. then,
Turn Force GPU rendering off
Turn Force 4X MSAA on
Turn Disable HW overlays on
.. everything else unchecked.

From Accessibility
Touch duration = short

From Runtime..
Change from Dalvik to ART

From play store
Loaded Google Play Launcher

Not sure exactly why, but the above changes fixed the screen and touch problems.. it flies now.

No more lag and no more sticky screens.
Hope it works for you too.

Den

My settings do not show "Developer" or "Run Time" options.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My settings do not show "Developer" or "Run Time" options.

Developer Options are not activated by default. To make them available, go to Settings>About Tablet, and tap Build Number 7 times. This will make Developer Options available, after which you can then turn them on and then change to ART.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Some of the answer on here tell me sending my tablet to Asus for service is the right choice. To check if your screen is having any touch issue, lay it flat on a table with only hand hand touching the screen. Don't put it in a case as I find it hides away the problem at times. The dead spots are usually on the edges on the top side of the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1