Nexus 7: Update to 4.4.2 Hangs

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 7 2013 and it prompted me to update to 4.4.2. I obviously clicked to download it and it's been going for about 20 minutes and it hasn't moved. Still not updated and the progress bar is barely showing any progress at all. My Wi-Fi is definitely working as it's working fine on my phone. Anyone know how to force this OTA? I don't want to sideload anything. I'd just like this to work. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 7 2013 and it prompted me to update to 4.4.2. I obviously clicked to download it and it's been going for about 20 minutes and it hasn't moved. Still not updated and the progress bar is barely showing any progress at all. My Wi-Fi is definitely working as it's working fine on my phone. Anyone know how to force this OTA? I don't want to sideload anything. I'd just like this to work. Thanks.

Hopefully, it's downloaded by now. It's a pretty big upgrade and may take a little longer than normal. Don't try to force.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully, it's downloaded by now. It's a pretty big upgrade and may take a little longer than normal. Don't try to force.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks. It actually did go. It just seemed like it was hung up for a really long time. I'd heard of some people having issues with the upload, so I was curious.

Thanks for the response.

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Did it ever completed the download? If yes, does it show the android robot lying down on the floor when you try to installl the update? Thats what happened to my device so I had to manually flash an new image to fix the problem.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Did it ever completed the download? If yes, does it show the android robot lying down on the floor when you try to installl the update? Thats what happened to my device so I had to manually flash an new image to fix the problem.

It worked fine. Just took forever. The progress bar never moved until it was downloaded. So I thought it might be having issues. I'd read of some people having problems with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01