New Nexus 7 (2013) - Missing Bookmarks

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally crushed my 2012 Nexus 7 last week and replaced it with a 2013 N7.

Everything is great, except most of my Chrome Bookmarks are missing from the new N7. The only folder that is showing up fully intact is the "Mobile Bookmarks" folder. I still see them all fine on my Nexus 4 and on my Mac.

I've tried relogging into Chrome on the N7 and it made no difference.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Chrome is checked. Let us know if it already is, and you're still having problems.

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is and it says that it just synced, but no change to my Bookmarks. The odd thing is that it seems to have sync'd the four top-level links under "Desktop bookmarks", but no folders (all but 4 links are in folders).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On mobile Chrome, tap Menu, then Settings, then your Google account, then Sync. Is everything checked there?

If so, then you could try clearing the cache and data in Settings/Apps/All.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, let's look at your desktop Chrome. Can you confirm that you're logged into the same Google account on Chrome as you are on your tablet? Sorry if these are basic questions, but just want to make sure we're on the same page. And when I talk bout logging into Chrome, I mean that when you click the Menu button on desktop Chrome, does it say "Signed in as [your Google account]..." near the bottom of the menu?

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I'm signed in under the same account in Chrome on my Mac.

I am able to add bookmarks in Desktop Chrome and they show up immediately on my Nexus 4. I'm also able to see all the open tabs on my Nexus 7 from either Desktop Chrome or my Nexus 4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, sorry, I'm running out of ideas. You could try removing your Google account completely from the tablet, then adding it back again and waiting for the full sync again.

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok... spooky and weird, but cutting and pasting a folder to another folder and back to the original folder made it appear. Sometimes it took a couple attempts, but all the folders eventually appeared.

Thanks for the help!