Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By brosko
  • 2 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By Relgoshan
  • 1 Post By cybernutte
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pull Down Power Toggles

Is there an app or a way to add pull down power toggles to the Nexus 7? I know that you can pull down on the right side of the screen and get somethings, but I want something more like the Power Toggles app where with one click I can turn off WiFi or cell service. The default only brings you to the Settings to do so. The Power Toggles Widget is nice, but if it is on the screen, I am afraid that I will tap a button by mistake. Thanks!

Default Re: Pull Down Power Toggles

Push and hold wifi to shut it off. Tap to take you to settings. Thus works for all settings in the pull down menu.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    Push and hold wifi to shut it off. Tap to take you to settings. Thus works for all settings in the pull down menu.
    Ahh! Perfect! I didn't know they worked that way. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by blkcheech View Post
    Ahh! Perfect! I didn't know they worked that way. Thanks so much!
    Me neither until a couple of days ago when I decided to try it just for the heck of it. It works exactly the opposite of a samsung tablet.

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts
    Carrier
    HTC One stock

I always just put mine into airplane mode when charging or gonna be away from it all day. Mine is wifi only so i dont bring it to work with me.

I always use Power Toggles in the Notification Shade, not on the Homescreen. You need to open Power Toggles, then tap "Notification," and then set up your toggle bar as you normally would on the homescreen. When done, you'll have a nice Power Toggle bar when you swipe down on the left.

I still feel that tap toggle and long press menu is more consistent to accepted conventions of touch UI.
    brosko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    I still feel that tap toggle and long press menu is more consistent to accepted conventions of touch UI.
    I agree, the n7 feels unnatural.

Global Posts
    31,634 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

It is the same way on my Moto X and Nexus 5. And I wholeheartedly agree, a tap should turn it on/off and a long press should be a shortcut into settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I use Powerful Control, which gives me one-click control of wi-fi, bluetooth, brightness, rotation, and more. It also is where I get notifications, control Scrabble Helper, see what the last thing I added to the clipboard, etc.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Not knowing any of this when I recently purchased my Nexus 7, I simply put the "Power Buttons" widget from the pre-installed widget choices onto one of my home screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    It is the same way on my Moto X and Nexus 5. And I wholeheartedly agree, a tap should turn it on/off and a long press should be a shortcut into settings.

That's the way mine works. I tap to change the setting on or off and long press to go to the settings. Maybe your version of a tap is too long.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Power toggles on the notification shade is great. I also suggest that if you want quick access to more settings.