Nexus 7 not recognized in Device Manager

skeetersf

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I have installed Device Manager on my Nexus 7 2013. When I open the Device Manager app on the Nexus, it does not find the device. When I log into Google Android Device Manager online, it says I have no active devices.

I have searched the forums, and think I have tried everything, nothing seems to work. It is attached to one google account. Location settings are on. I have cleared caches, reinstalled the app, restarted the device, deleted and re-added the gmail account, etc. Any other ideas?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have installed Device Manager on my Nexus 7 2013. When I open the Device Manager app on the Nexus, it does not find the device. When I log into Google Android Device Manager online, it says I have no active devices.

I have searched the forums, and think I have tried everything, nothing seems to work. It is attached to one google account. Location settings are on. I have cleared caches, reinstalled the app, restarted the device, deleted and re-added the gmail account, etc. Any other ideas?

I assume you are trying this on another phone or tablet? Or does it find the device you are using?

UPDATE

The sample shows it finding the device you are using. Does it show in chrome?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You also went into the Google Settings app, selected Android Device Manager and made sure both options were enabled?
8emy9ade.jpg
The app seems somewhat squirrelly to me: my phone reports that a Nexus 7 is a device on the account but it's always 'Unavailable', even though when I run the app on the Nexus 7 it has no trouble finding itself; neither the Nexus 7 or the phone report that the phone is a device on the account - go figure.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet