Nexus 7 water damage helpp!!!

Eloise Q

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I was on skype and washing up and my tablet fell into the sink! i saved it as quick as i could and dried it, i turned it on (which i realize now is a big mistake) but it worked fine so i guessed it was okay. I turned it off and left it under a radiator for 30mins to dry out a bit more but now it wont turn on at all!!! i cant afford a replacement and i don't know if it has a warranty as i had it as a Christmas present.

any help will do! im so worried!

many thanks,
Eloise

Extra info:
ive had it for 2 months
after it had been under the radiator the cameras had condensation on it like a window
ive tried drying it out with a hair dryer on a low setting

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
A warranty won't help, unfortunately... Unless someone bought accidental damage coverage.

I would try to put it in a plastic bag with plenty of rice grains for a couple of days to make sure it is dry, then try to charge it and see if it works.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The fur is strong with this one.....

Look, you probably destroyed the tablet but give the rice a couple days.

1) do not operate small electronics near open/moving water.
2) do not power on a freshly submerged device
3) if water may be inside the case DO NOT APPLY HEAT
\...this is because steam penetrates and condenses again
\...liquid water does far less damage than steam

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if you'd tried to jump start it in the microwave too.

If the rice does not work, you can try to pop it open or call Asus about repairs.
There is probably a water penetration indicator inside the case though.

Whatever your yiffwise inclinations if you find yourself without a tablet....
...the cheapest up front replacement is one from a cell phone shop.
But that would entail a small data plan going forward.
Still it's your best bet if you can promise to be more careful.

Eloise Q

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
its been in rice for a day ish now, ive checked the front camera and it has no condensation on it like it had before. its looking good!

John Luo

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 7 version 2 got a little bit of water around the switch/camera area. After the water damage, it won't turn on or charge. I was able to fix it by replace the switch. The switch cable connector had a small electric short damage. Once it's replaced, it seemed to work fine.

The back cover of the nexus is relatively easy to open. Refer to youtube for instructions. Visually inspect the switch connector and see if the cable got damaged. If it is, you might be able to fix it by replacing it with a part from ebay.

cab2

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
oh man, sorry about that. You'd have to open it right away to see if water got in. If it was a quick dipping you might have got none.

If you'd cover the ports/buttons with sticky clear plastic and use wireless for charging the N7 would be quite waterproof.

Josh Babony

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
My nexus 7 version 2 got a little bit of water around the switch/camera area. After the water damage, it won't turn on or charge. I was able to fix it by replace the switch. The switch cable connector had a small electric short damage. Once it's replaced, it seemed to work fine.

The back cover of the nexus is relatively easy to open. Refer to youtube for instructions. Visually inspect the switch connector and see if the cable got damaged. If it is, you might be able to fix it by replacing it with a part from ebay.

Do you have any more info on this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz