Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jerrykur
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: Strange Battery Graph, wonder if it suggests problem?

Nexus 7: Strange Battery Graph, wonder if it suggests problem?-screenshot_2014-03-10-12-31-47.jpg

Apparently, my Nexus 7 2013 can briefly RECHARGE ITSELF...note the small spikes where the battery level INCREASES while sleeping! Aliens, spirits or ???

Seriously I wonder if there isn't some problem with my device...battery life is all over the place. Sometimes I can watch it drain as I use it. It's all stock stuff.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-10-2014 at 03:59 PM.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Default Re: Strange Battery Graph, wonder if it suggests problem?

known bug... N7 got some sort of software problem that affects battery life.

Default Re: Strange Battery Graph, wonder if it suggests problem?

The calculation of available battery is an estimate effected by a number of conditions. It is not a extremely precise measurement.

You can test this for yourself with a rechargeable battery. Charge the battery to full. Remove the battery from the charger and wait a couple of minutes. Re-insert the battery. It will take a few seconds or minutes for the charger's circuity to register that the battery is already full and shutdown.

The bottom line is look at the general trend of the line and forget the minor spikes and dips.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.