non-nexus 7 compatible app actually works?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i am just wondering, i have installed one karaoke app that is listed as non-compatible with nexus 7 in google play store, but i downloaded it directly from that company. that app worked just fine without any problems. at least it didn't crash or anything. i can open and close it.

if i don't open it, it won't open it automatically in the background.

i sent it for 4th repair. now i am just thinking, could those non-compatible apps actually cause any problems?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I would have to say possibly. They're non compatible for a reason I would imagine. I doubt they caused all of the problems that you have experienced with your device, but I suppose it could be possible.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I find it strange that someone would have an app in one store and not in the Play store. I wonder why they would do that. The Play Store is pretty liberal about what they allow. The only thing they seem to police is the use of copyrighted material or violations of copyrights (ex. playing BBC content in the US).

I don't think I have needed to side loaded anything except for testing apps I developed.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you published any in the Google Play Store?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

I have published some play around and throwaway apps. Most of my development is for other companies and they publish the apps.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have published some play around and throwaway apps.
You should include a list so we can look at what you've done - might as well get some free advertising. ;)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer