does each tablet only have one fixed serial number?

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i sent my tablet for the 4th repair, all of sudden, i got a new serial number. i haven't got it back yet.

i am chatting with the asus people online , s/he doesn't seem to know. s/he told me that if they will send me a replacement, they will have to contact me and ask for my permission first.

now i wonder if every computers, tablets , etc only have one fixed serial number? s/he told me that they changed the motherboard. does that change the serial number of the tablet?

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
i sent my tablet for the 4th repair, all of sudden, i got a new serial number. i haven't got it back yet.

i am chatting with the asus people online , s/he doesn't seem to know. s/he told me that if they will send me a replacement, they will have to contact me and ask for my permission first.

now i wonder if every computers, tablets , etc only have one fixed serial number? s/he told me that they changed the motherboard. does that change the serial number of the tablet?
each machine has only one serial number

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
then how come i got a new serial for the same tablet now? i still have the original box, it is totally different from the serial number that they sent to me in the email notice.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
i don't know. i hope not. or maybe the repair center and the customer service center don't communicate with each other too often.

i will let you all know when i get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781