Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Please Help: Nexus 7 2013 won't boot, even after a factory reset from recovery mode.

First my device:
    2013 Nexus 7 32Gb Wifi Only
    Completely stock, running the latest version of Kitkat (4.4.2 I think)

This morning after removing my Nexus 7 from the charger and using it for a few minutes, it began flashing an error message something like: "Facebook has quit working" After dismissing it
    only to have it return again after a minute or so, I decided to restart my Nexus 7. When I tried to turn it back on it hung at the boot animation, after a while I turned it back off and tried again only to have the same result. So I booted into recovery and did a factory reset, everything appeared to go well but when I try to restart, my Nexus still hangs on the boot animation. I have done multiple factory resets and nothing seems to change.

Does anyone have any advise about what I should try next? I'm sure that I've probably missed something somewhere but I can't seem to find anything in my forum searches.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Default Re: Please Help: Nexus 7 2013 won't boot, even after a factory reset from recovery mode.

Quote Originally Posted by davloomis View Post
    First my device:
    2013 Nexus 7 32Gb Wifi Only
    Completely stock, running the latest version of Kitkat (4.4.2 I think)

This morning after removing my Nexus 7 from the charger and using it for a few minutes, it began flashing an error message something like: "Facebook has quit working" After dismissing it
    only to have it return again after a minute or so, I decided to restart my Nexus 7. When I tried to turn it back on it hung at the boot animation, after a while I turned it back off and tried again only to have the same result. So I booted into recovery and did a factory reset, everything appeared to go well but when I try to restart, my Nexus still hangs on the boot animation. I have done multiple factory resets and nothing seems to change.

Does anyone have any advise about what I should try next? I'm sure that I've probably missed something somewhere but I can't seem to find anything in my forum searches.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Have you left it plugged in while doing the reset to make sure the battery isn't discharged for some reason?
    N5 Black 32GB (5.01), N4 (4.4.4), iphone 5 (ios 8.1), ONE+64GB, N7(5.02) AT&T The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Re: Please Help: Nexus 7 2013 won't boot, even after a factory reset from recovery mode.

Yes I have.

I don't suppose anyone else has any thoughts on this mine has just done the exact same thing. I've done the factory reset while plugged in and still nothing. I'm bordering on pulling my hair out and saying to Hell with it and buying another.

What happens if you wipe the cache partition from Recovery, instead of selecting factory reset?

Perhaps you should try reloading the firmware https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Over the past few weeks my Nexus 7 2013 has had issues with screen orientation, where it became impossible to change orientation. The issue went away for about a week, but now today it cannot boot past "Google" on power on. When trying to boot to recovery, it still cannot get past "Google". Also, it automatically powers itself on whenever I turn it off. Anything else I can try?

I know that it is fully charged and I haven't rooted or done anything to tinker with it. Help would be appreciated.