- 193 Posts
UNROOTED and completely stock N7 stuck on Google Screen (Bricked?) HELP
I have searched for topics but nothing has helped. I tried all the fastboot restoring and nothing works.
My n7 is the 2013 version...unrooted, bootloader locked, basically it is out of the box.
It was working fine, then all of a sudden it wont turn on. When I hold the volume down power and try to turn it on that way, it gets stuck at the GOOGLE screen (i left it on for hours like that to see if it eventually stops and nothing).
What is going on?
- 03-16-2014, 09:14 AM #2
Re: UNROOTED and completely stock N7 stuck on Google Screen (Bricked?) HELP
I've heard this before. There is really only one way to try and trouble shoot this for yourself or if its still within the 1 year warranty send it into ASUS for repair.
Troubleshooting yourself would involve unlocking the bootloader and then flashing the factory images provided by Google to see if that resets and restores the device to a working state.
The other alternative is sending it into ASUS for repair, which I've read some people reporting hardware failure issues causing this.Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
- By eclipseagent in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 30Last Post: 03-17-2014, 11:18 PM
- By Capt19 in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 03-17-2014, 10:41 AM
- By mwrmt in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 03-16-2014, 06:23 PM
- By RionDunn in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 03-16-2014, 10:20 AM
- By gintaro in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2014, 11:53 PM