Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: With new poetic case tablet separates

So I use the wireless charging on my Nexus 7 2013 and love it. I use a Poetic Slimbook case and love it. But in order to charge with the wireless charger I need to take it out. When I do this the screen snaps part of the way out of the back case on one side. How can I either make it so it can charge in the case of keep it from separating?

Lmk thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: With new poetic case tablet separates

So I looks like the back case has a small crack in it. Boo.

I read that folks were reporting that they were able to wireless-charge with their Nexus in the case. Perhaps the Poetic plastic is interfering. Have you tried charging the Nexus face-down as well as face-up? Where is the crack -- on the back of the Portic or on the Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by sethgoldstein View Post
    So I use the wireless charging on my Nexus 7 2013 and love it. I use a Poetic Slimbook case and love it. But in order to charge with the wireless charger I need to take it out. When I do this the screen snaps part of the way out of the back case on one side. How can I either make it so it can charge in the case of keep it from separating?

Lmk thanks

Unless you have a faulty charger you should not need to take it out of the case to charge wirelessly. I charge mine all the time on Nokia DT900 and DT910 chargers and never remove the Poetic slim case.

BTW, I also experienced the issue with the case pulling the back off. When I do remove the case I am very careful and help the case release from the Nexus by flexing the case edges.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yea I figured out how to get the tablet to charge through the case. I guess the cases are just very clingy

Mind telling me how you figured this out? I've pretty much given up. I can't seem to charge through the poetic slim case... or the official case from Google. With the official case, every time I took it out, I was afraid the tablet would split in half.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Not sure which wireless charger you are using but with the RavPower charger I am easily able to charge with my Poetic case on. I charge with the back of the Nexus on top of the charger and sometimes do need to move it around a little to make the connection but it works very well.

I agree with gtCarlie that your charger may be the issue. You can get a Nokia unit for $25 from AT&T and they work fine with the case on.

My Nexus 7 is charging through my Poetic Slimline case on my Incepio wireless charger as I type. No problems!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

It takes some fanegling

Banned

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

I made the mistake of heeding all the people in the accessories forum telling each other to get Poetic cases and had problems. From now on I buy Moko instead.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I've had zero issues with my Poetic case, and I take it out all the time. (Not related to wireless charging, just saying my case has been fine.)