How to fix video lag on Netflix

Profaniter

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, last night I was watching a movie on my brand new Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB model... It was pretty amazing how clarity and clear the picture looked.. I noticed there were a lot of video stuttering (lagging) every few seconds now and then.. how do you fix this? it's noticeable but the video runs pretty much smooth but some of them lag.. how do you fix this?

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
You might also be aware that some ISPs are throttling Netflix now. Do you have the same issue on any other devices using your same connection?

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I experience lag every few minutes on my N7 (only) while watching Netflix.

Not on my desktop nor my N5 nor my Laptop.

It is weird and I am not sure where this lag is coming from.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

juanchif

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks Im having the same issue, the netflix android app in an android TV box is shuttering every few seconds, do you know what could be the problem? Thank you for your response

zpwls

May 22, 2014
Visit site
People frequently get different problems mixed up and don't seem to understand how streaming video works. If it was a network or connection issue then you would get a loading/buffering message. If playback is constant but the video stutters, it has absolutely nothing to do with the connection.

I got a brand-new HTC One M8 and Netflix stutters right out of the box. It's just the nature of the app. Netflix isn't as smooth as it should be on PCs either due to Silverlight limitations. Some people aren't as sensitive to stuttering video but it's especially noticeable when the camera pans across a scene. I think people have gotten so used to streaming services that they've forgotten how smooth TV is supposed to be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance