Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By VDub2174
  • 1 Post By cybernutte
  • 1 Post By wvdavid
  • 1 Post By cybernutte
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3rd-party email clients - recommendations?

I've been content with the stock email client that came with my Nexus 7 (2013) except for one thing: URLs are not live. I keep looking for a setting to make them live, but there doesn't seem to be one. That's enough to make me want a different email client. I don't want to use the Gmail client for anything but Gmail. I guess that means looking for a 3rd-party app. Do some of you who use 3rd-party email clients on your N7 have any recommendations--or any warnings about which ones to avoid? It has to be able to handle IMAP well, and to be able to handle more than one account, but other than that, I can't think offhand of any specific requirements. Free is good, but I don't mind paying for a really good app. What do you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: 3rd-party email clients - recommendations?

I don't have an N7 but I use K-9 email on my Note 3 and it's amazing!!
    cybernutte likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks very much, VDub, for the recommendation. I've heard of K-9, and your recommendation makes me want to give it a try.
    VDub2174 likes this.

MailDroid is one of the most customizable mail apps I have used. It's based on K-9. I've been using it for a while now on both phone and tablet.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    cybernutte likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks very much, wvdavid, for your suggestion. Can you (or anyone else) say anything about the difference between K-9 and MailDroid?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Just thought that I'd report back to say that after trying a couple of email clients, I think I'm most impressed with K-9. It has a ton of features that I like (especially being able to specify exactly which folders I want to be visible and exactly which folders I want checked for new mail). The checking of multiple folders within an account for new mail is something I love about the email client I use on my desktop and laptop, Mulberry. I've been looking for other Windows-based email clients that might replace the aging Mulberry, but I haven't found any. But apparently on Android K-9 offers those features and many more. I wish it had better documentation and support. The documentation leaves a lot to be desired, and the forum isn't so great, either. But so far I'm very pleased with the email client itself. Thanks again, VDub, for your enthusiastic recommendation.
    VDub2174 likes this.

I'm glad you like it