Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lately, my Nexus 7 has been getting unstable due to an increased amount of ghost taps and apps not responding, however when I go into safe mode, all the problems disappear like thin air. So, I think it the apps fault that this has been happening. Anybody tell me what apps are affecting my tablet? For reference, I am still using 4.3

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by LucyLucid; 03-24-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Global Posts
    17,334 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Any apps known to make Nexus 7 unstable?

Quote Originally Posted by LucyLucid View Post
    Lately, my Nexus 7 has been getting unstable due to an increased amount of ghost taps and apps not responding, however when I go into safe mode, all the problems disappear like thin air. So, I think it the apps fault that this has been happening. Anybody tell me what apps are affecting my tablet? For reference, I am still using 4.3

I would suggest clearing cache in recovery and see of that helps.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...tion-wipe.html

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    B. Diddy likes this.

That's a good idea. Otherwise, you may just want to uninstall your most recent apps one by one and see when the problem goes away.

Golfdriver97 likes this.

Also, why not update to KitKat? That has helped some people's ghost taps and stuck keys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Anybody tell me what apps are affecting my tablet?
    Certainly! Let me put my psychic hat on and determine all of the apps that you have installed on your tablet; then I'll run those results through Static Analysis tools to identify which app is causing your problems.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

OK, I tried cache cleaning but it went back to be ghost touch y within a day. I also can't upgrade to 4.4 because when ever I do try to upgrade, it never restart after the countdown, plus I've heard way too many 4.4 horror stories.. I'll get my apps listed soon. I'm pretty sure its the apps causing the problem because whenever I go into safe mode, everything is fine. I've been having slight ghost touch issues for a while, so I'm pretty attached to some apps and their data but it's gotten worse lately.

Global Posts
    17,334 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

OK, I tried cache cleaning but it went back to be ghost touch y within a day. I also can't upgrade to 4.4 because when ever I do try to upgrade, it never restart after the countdown, plus I've heard way too many 4.4 horror stories.. I'll get my apps listed soon. I'm pretty sure its the apps causing the problem because whenever I go into safe mode, everything is fine. I've been having slight ghost touch issues for a while, so I'm pretty attached to some apps and their data but it's gotten worse lately.

Then the best thing to do would be to reset, and slowly reinstall your apps. Add a few, observe for several hours, add more. Once you notice problems, it is in one of the apps you installed in the recent batch.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

whenever I go into safe mode, everything is fine
    It's definitely some 3rd party app if this is the case. Either start uninstalling apps one-by-one (with a reboot after each uninstall) or as the previous poster suggested just perform a Factory Reset and start with a clean slate.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

OK, its gotten better after I uninstalled a app called sketcher which was made for donut android and I've just uninstalled a other app call hacker's keyboard after it went all ghost touchy on me after I opened it. Everything seems to be okay for now. Edit, for how I found out, I used an app called App lister

Last edited by LucyLucid; 03-26-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

One app i noticed was D-link lite. an app to view a cam in my infant daughters room. noticed horrible battery life even if the app hasnt been used.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

OK, its gotten better after I uninstalled a app called sketcher which was made for donut android and I've just uninstalled a other app call hacker's keyboard after it went all ghost touchy on me after I opened it. Everything seems to be okay for now.

Glad you found the issue. I wish other people would do similar type of investigation when their device starts working strangely. People don't seem to understand that there can be are pieces of an application, or service invoked by that application that continue to run long after the UI is gone. And these pieces can cause issues.

Global Posts
    1,496 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    Glad you found the issue. I wish other people would do similar type of investigation when their device starts working strangely. People don't seem to understand that there can be are pieces of an application, or service invoked by that application that continue to run long after the UI is gone. And these pieces can cause issues.
    One thing I noticed was the android system was killing mine.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One