Screen flickering on Nexus 7

nexusftw1004

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3dK8vqBJ4

im having exactly the same problem shown in the video.

screen's not sracked and i never dropped it before. It does not affect touch though.
what is the problem?

+ i bought nexus 7 fhd 4 month ago from Google Play, i can't even return it. how should i get it fixed? Anyone know Asus service/repair centre downtown Toronto?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: screen flickering on nexus 7

Have you already done a Factory Reset, and then looked to see if the problem is present before installing any apps?

Have you contacted Google for warranty repair?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

nexusftw1004

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Have you already done a Factory Reset, and then looked to see if the problem is present before installing any apps?

Have you contacted Google for warranty repair?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I've just done a factory reset, but screen's still flickering...

I will be contacting google tomorrow though. If you have ever requested google for warranty repair, can you tell me your experience? (like procedures you had, etc.)

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I've just done a factory reset, but screen's still flickering...

I will be contacting google tomorrow though. If you have ever requested google for warranty repair, can you tell me your experience? (like procedures you had, etc.)

I have never sent a device back, but in general the more information and proof you can produce the better. A tech cannot repair something they cannot reproduce. So you might want to take a video and post it on youtube and send the link with your device. If you want you can make the video non public.

From reading other messages expect a 3 week turn around.

Toeduster

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem with flickering. Happened 3 different times, all in the evening. Shut it down for the night and problem was gone in the morning. I expect it will visit again.

About repairs, I had a problem with my out-of-warranty ASUS Transformer tf700.Called ASUS support and talked to them about it and got shipping information & RMA number. Took them a week to receive and have a status of "in repair" then a week to repair. Then a very long week from "repaired and awaiting shipment" to receive it by FedEx. I included detailed notes on the problems. They replaced the motherboad at no cost to me. Long three weeks but very pleased at the end.

Suspect I will do it again with my Nexus 7 2013.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance