Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi stops working properly: Adblock Plus Issue?

Sometimes on my Nexus 7 2013, the internet suddenly stops working properly. It shows as connected, the bars are white and everything, and the strangest thing is I can search for something in Google Chrome, but as soon as I try to access a website, it tells me that it cannot connect to said website. I also cannot watch Youtube videos nor download anything from the Play Store. Now this happens occasionally, not all the time, and I'm thinking it could be Adblock Plus which I downloaded since my tablet is rooted. I have since uninstalled it though, since I've uninstalled it before and I lose my ability to watch Youtube videos until I reboot the device.

So I just wanted to know if my suspicions are correct? Is Adblock Plus a bit of a troublemaker on Android?

Global Posts
    4,673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Kitkat

Default Re: Wifi stops working properly: Adblock Plus Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Lamb1 View Post
    Sometimes on my Nexus 7 2013, the internet suddenly stops working properly. It shows as connected, the bars are white and everything, and the strangest thing is I can search for something in Google Chrome, but as soon as I try to access a website, it tells me that it cannot connect to said website. I also cannot watch Youtube videos nor download anything from the Play Store. Now this happens occasionally, not all the time, and I'm thinking it could be Adblock Plus which I downloaded since my tablet is rooted. I have since uninstalled it though, since I've uninstalled it before and I lose my ability to watch Youtube videos until I reboot the device.

So I just wanted to know if my suspicions are correct? Is Adblock Plus a bit of a troublemaker on Android?
    Yes. Adblock Plus is known to disable wifi sometimes.

I am a developer for HTC devices. If you ever need help with one, let me know.