Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using Nexus 7 without SIM Card

I bought an Nexus 7 (Asus) so that I would have the option of either using the wireless or a SIM card. I do not want to insert a SIM card. It got set up by someone else who uploaded some materials on it. When I turned it on, the 'No Sim Card' messages appears, and I can't get past that to home screen. How do I bypass putting in a Sim Card to use it?

Default Re: Using Nexus 7 without SIM Card

Do a factory reset.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    2,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

So if I buy one to use as my communicator for my upcoming trip abroad and then want to use it back in the states with just wifi, I will have to hard reset? I havent purchased it yet and I leave in June (holding out to make sure Google doesnt release the next big thing first). What if you buy a sim and dont activate (just have a prepaid sim that is out of data)?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch->Samsung GS3 16GB Pebble Blue->LG G3 White

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    So if I buy one to use as my communicator for my upcoming trip abroad and then want to use it back in the states with just wifi, I will have to hard reset? I havent purchased it yet and I leave in June (holding out to make sure Google doesnt release the next big thing first). What if you buy a sim and dont activate (just have a prepaid sim that is out of data)?
    No.. You should not have to hard reset. I have used mine with and without a SIM .. Even switched SIMs without having to reset. The reply to the OP was in regards to his situation.

Posted via Android Central App
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

Global Posts
    2,827 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDroid View Post
    No.. You should not have to hard reset. I have used mine with and without a SIM .. Even switched SIMs without having to reset. The reply to the OP was in regards to his situation.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for clarifying.