Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DirkBelig
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Angry Wi-Fi Dies In Its Sleep, Requiring Reboot To Revive

Recently, my tablet has taken to having the Wi-Fi shut off, no icon on the notification bar, nothing. Tapping the Wi-Fi icon takes you to the settings page where it says "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but it never comes on. Toggling airplane mode has no effect; I have to power down and restart to get things working. I have these settings:

* Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Only when plugged in
    * Scanning is always available: Off
    * Wi-Fi frequency band: Auto
    * Wi-Fi optimization: On

Running stock rooted 4.2.2 w/Dalvik. Had to root in order to run Greenify to stop the insane power bleeding similar to what this thread discusses. Any suggestions? TIA.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    1,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Wi-Fi Dies In Its Sleep, Requiring Reboot To Revive

It happened again this morning, but I noticed that not only is Wi-Fi unable to turn on, but the "switch" itself is darker than the Bluetooth switch, which does work as opposed to not even moving for Wi-Fi:
    Wi-Fi Dies In Its Sleep, Requiring Reboot To Revive-_20140402_101018.jpg
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It appears Battery Widget Reborn's Auto Nightmode may be the culprit because since disabling it, the problem hasn't happened again.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for following up on your own issue--others might have gotten discouraged by the lack of response. It's very helpful for you to post your own solution!

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It drives me CRAZY when people have the same problem as I'm having, but don't get a solution. It's even worse when they post, "I figured it out," and DON'T POST WHAT THE FIX WAS!!! Really, people?!? This is why I always update threads that I find a fix for because someone will probably be looking for this as well. I once posted the fix for playing the old Blade Runner game on Vista (an later OSes) on my blog in 2008 and if you Google that scenario, it's the 2nd hit.
    B. Diddy likes this.