Wi-Fi Dies In Its Sleep, Requiring Reboot To Revive
Recently, my tablet has taken to having the Wi-Fi shut off, no icon on the notification bar, nothing. Tapping the Wi-Fi icon takes you to the settings page where it says "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but it never comes on. Toggling airplane mode has no effect; I have to power down and restart to get things working. I have these settings:
* Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Only when plugged in
* Scanning is always available: Off
* Wi-Fi frequency band: Auto
* Wi-Fi optimization: On
Running stock rooted 4.2.2 w/Dalvik. Had to root in order to run Greenify to stop the insane power bleeding similar to what this thread discusses. Any suggestions? TIA.
- 04-12-2014, 09:20 PM #4
Re: Wi-Fi Dies In Its Sleep, Requiring Reboot To Revive
It drives me CRAZY when people have the same problem as I'm having, but don't get a solution. It's even worse when they post, "I figured it out," and DON'T POST WHAT THE FIX WAS!!! Really, people?!? This is why I always update threads that I find a fix for because someone will probably be looking for this as well. I once posted the fix for playing the old Blade Runner game on Vista (an later OSes) on my blog in 2008 and if you Google that scenario, it's the 2nd hit.
- By Don164 in forum US Cellular Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2014, 11:20 PM
- By SoloBeatBoy in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 19Last Post: 06-24-2014, 06:40 AM
- By chakras in forum HTC One M7Replies: 2Last Post: 04-02-2014, 03:17 AM
- By benhaube in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 04-01-2014, 08:03 PM
- By paparazzo79 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 18Last Post: 04-01-2014, 06:10 PM