Nexus 7: apps running, but i got "no recent apps" screen.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
it has happened a few times so far. is that normal?

it has never happened to me before?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: apps running, but i got "no recent apps" screen.

A blank recent apps screen doesn't necessarily mean that you have no apps running--it can just mean you swiped away all of the recent apps. Some apps, when swiped away, won't completely close (like Google Play Music, for example, if it's busy playing a song). If swiping away an app did in fact force close it, it might have restarted automatically--but that doesn't mean it shows up again in Recent Apps. My understanding of the Recent Apps list is that it's composed of apps that you recently opened, not apps that may have been automatically opened in the background by the system. It's not a "running apps" list. That's in Settings>Apps>Running.

Remember, with Android, there's always going to be some app open in RAM.

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

no.

i have apps running, but the screen will show me "no recent apps", when i tried it again, those apps appear. it has never happened to me before my 4th repair.

nra.jpg

Sassi666

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

I think you may be referring to the bug that lot of people get with recent apps, I get it too. Sometimes when I go to recent apps it doesn't show the last few apps I've opened, going back to home screen then back to recent apps again will show them up. I've seen several posts on it and the replies always say it's a known bug.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

oh. that is good to know. i thought that i might need another repair for this. so it is a common problem.

i have never had it before though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084