Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post asus tech person talks about apps and the tablet.

i sent a complain to them about my 4 repairs, this is what they wrote to me.

i thought that it was detailed, but not really related to my complain. so i am sharing it with everyone.

------

Computers Phones and Tablets contain numerous components that interact with one another. Hardware is only one of the many pieces of the puzzle that allows you to interactively control your device. The potential for malfunctions, a poorly performing system, and general system failure always exists. Often issues that you may assume are hardware related are not. Catastrophic failure is generally easily distinguished such as a device with no sign of power is obviously potentially hardware based. Not so obvious issues such as intermittent freezing, restarting, or shutdowns are mistakenly associated to hardware failure.

The concept is the same when encountering problems with your device including issues such as intermittent freezing, restarting, or spontaneous shutdowns. The key to solving problems of this type is to understand the logical sequence that your device uses when starting up. The Android operating system when powering on or while operating in use will perform background tasks behind the scenes that will ultimately shape your user experience and potentially adapt to your system configuration, settings, and installations or an applications execution profile of requests to start and run processes. Service and process errors can accumulate from application conflicts and contribute to the same characteristic onset of issues you had faced. Some developers are using a universal approach when attempting to create each of the applications, widgets, launchers or wallpapers and therefore are not tailored to the exact software and hardware configuration of the device you are using. If you look closer and do a little research you will find that these symptoms you are seeing are occurring in all Android devices. To isolate this you should perform a factory reset and not allow the restore process to take place. The hardware can only do so much to keep stable or perform. It is up to you and how you maintain the integrity of the original platform and configuration. Once you perform a factory data reset on the tablet setup your wlan network and log into your Google account as you would normally do, but this time do not select restore application and settings. I know this will take more time to setup and configure. You will likely notice the onset of issues you had initially faced is not reoccurring. Monitor your usage and be aware of your hardwares performance and how each of the applications being installed or configuration of the existing apps or synch services impacts your devices performance and reliability.

Default Re: asus tech person talks about apps and the tablet.

I'm on my 2nd repair and I had the feeling they they will just shipped it back after factory resetting it. I thought of writing an complaint until they told me to send it in once more. From your reply it seem I am right that they don't even care about our feedbacks. Good riddance, Asus will never have a chance in m life again. Will file an complaint after receiving back my device.

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    i sent a complain to them about my 4 repairs, this is what they wrote to me.

i thought that it was detailed, but not really related to my complain. so i am sharing it with everyone.

------

Computers Phones and Tablets contain numerous components that interact with one another. Hardware is only one of the many pieces of the puzzle that allows you to interactively control your device. The potential for malfunctions, a poorly performing system, and general system failure always exists. Often issues that you may assume are hardware related are not. Catastrophic failure is generally easily distinguished such as a device with no sign of power is obviously potentially hardware based. Not so obvious issues such as intermittent freezing, restarting, or shutdowns are mistakenly associated to hardware failure.

The concept is the same when encountering problems with your device including issues such as intermittent freezing, restarting, or spontaneous shutdowns. The key to solving problems of this type is to understand the logical sequence that your device uses when starting up. The Android operating system when powering on or while operating in use will perform background tasks behind the scenes that will ultimately shape your user experience and potentially adapt to your system configuration, settings, and installations or an applications execution profile of requests to start and run processes. Service and process errors can accumulate from application conflicts and contribute to the same characteristic onset of issues you had faced. Some developers are using a universal approach when attempting to create each of the applications, widgets, launchers or wallpapers and therefore are not tailored to the exact software and hardware configuration of the device you are using. If you look closer and do a little research you will find that these symptoms you are seeing are occurring in all Android devices. To isolate this you should perform a factory reset and not allow the restore process to take place. The hardware can only do so much to keep stable or perform. It is up to you and how you maintain the integrity of the original platform and configuration. Once you perform a factory data reset on the tablet setup your wlan network and log into your Google account as you would normally do, but this time do not select restore application and settings. I know this will take more time to setup and configure. You will likely notice the onset of issues you had initially faced is not reoccurring. Monitor your usage and be aware of your hardwares performance and how each of the applications being installed or configuration of the existing apps or synch services impacts your devices performance and reliability.
    Standard issue. 😏
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i bought this because everyone thinks that it is the best tablet. and cheap, too. but i have sent it for 4 repairs. i was hoping that they will just send me a new one. but they just kept repairing it for 4 times.

while i was using it, it seems to be a good tablet to use though.

they paid for the shipment fee for total of 4 times already. it was nice of them to do that, but if they just reject my request, i can't really do anything about it. i can't ask google to pay for it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by prepstud View Post
    i bought this because everyone thinks that it is the best tablet. and cheap, too. but i have sent it for 4 repairs. i was hoping that they will just send me a new one. but they just kept repairing it for 4 times.

while i was using it, it seems to be a good tablet to use though.

they paid for the shipment fee for total of 4 times already. it was nice of them to do that, but if they just reject my request, i can't really do anything about it. i can't ask google to pay for it, etc.
    Everyone here in the nexus 7 forum may think this is the best tablet, but outside of this circle there are plenty of people that will tell you this is NOT the best tablet and it's not. That's because actually No tablet is the best tablet so to speak, each have certain attributes that make them excel in a certain area and each person has a Preference as to which is best for them in particular. As for you, after reading your posts in here about your experience with the n7, I would say you should try another tablet.