- 64 Posts
Sync error ?
What exactly is my Nexus sync-ing?
Google gives a meaningless explanation here: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840875?hl=en
And another one here: Can someone give me an understanding of what Sync does
Is it trying to send my private data to some entity without my knowledge or consent?
- 04-08-2014, 07:14 PM #2
Re: Sync error ?
Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Gmail address], and look at all of the various Google services that are checked--those are the things that are auto-syncing in the background if you have Auto-Sync turned on. You can uncheck things you don't want automatically synced in the background--you can always manually sync that info from the respective app. Also, Auto-Sync can be toggled on or off using the Power Control widget that comes standard on Android devices, or by using 3rd party toggle widgets like Power Toggles.
- 04-08-2014, 07:25 PM #3
- 6,788 Posts
Re: Sync error ?
And of course, any apps (ex. Google Play Store; widgets that access the Internet; etc) may have their own settings for when/how often/what they need to do in the background.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By HAIL2DSKINS in forum HTC One M8Replies: 9Last Post: 11-20-2014, 01:02 AM
- By terrabiped in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 07-25-2014, 05:36 PM
- By lactivistdoula in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 7Last Post: 06-02-2014, 11:39 AM
- By Jerry7650 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 04-08-2014, 02:45 AM
- By Prabhat Sharma in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2014, 11:32 PM