Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sync error ?

What exactly is my Nexus sync-ing?

Google gives a meaningless explanation here: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840875?hl=en

And another one here: Can someone give me an understanding of what Sync does

Is it trying to send my private data to some entity without my knowledge or consent?

Default Re: Sync error ?

Go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Gmail address], and look at all of the various Google services that are checked--those are the things that are auto-syncing in the background if you have Auto-Sync turned on. You can uncheck things you don't want automatically synced in the background--you can always manually sync that info from the respective app. Also, Auto-Sync can be toggled on or off using the Power Control widget that comes standard on Android devices, or by using 3rd party toggle widgets like Power Toggles.
    GSDer likes this.

Default Re: Sync error ?

And of course, any apps (ex. Google Play Store; widgets that access the Internet; etc) may have their own settings for when/how often/what they need to do in the background.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    B. Diddy likes this.