Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I get a Nexus 7 now or wait until Google I/O and see what they announce?

I don't usually need the latest and greatest the day it comes out, but I also don't like buying a device and having a new version come out shortly after. I am interested in a Nexus 7, but should I buy one now, or wait and see what Google has in store this summer?

Default Re: Should I get a Nexus 7 now or wait until Google I/O and see what they announce?

No way of knowing when or if a new nexus 7 will appear. The current one was announced in August 2 months after io

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Should I get a Nexus 7 now or wait until Google I/O and see what they announce?

Welcome to the forums!

Too bad they don't have a voting capability in the forums - then you could just get a running vote total rather than having to read through all of the comments. Oh well...

I'd vote for waiting for the new model - at best, you get a better camera with OIS, a faster processor or better build quality; at worst, you get a better price on the old 2013 model - a win either way you look at it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I say wait for the nexus 8!

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Depends on how much it will cost. I just got the 2013 ed. from Verizon (4G) for 49.00 with a new contract. Couldn't pass it up, even though my 2012 is still working great.

I own a Nexus 5 and both versions of the Nexus 7 and am definitely getting the Nexus 8. I'd say that since we're this close, hold out for the Nexus 8.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app