Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mchockeyvette27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default deleting words autosuggested by android stock keyboard

I'm new here. I have spent hours and hours googling and surfing android forums but i still cannot find an answer.

I'm not gonna beat around the bush. At times I have entered sexual terms into my browser in the past. Now every time i hit the letter t for example, the word ' 'tits' pops up in autosuggest on android stock keyboard.

i have tried:
    1. going to settings> apps> all and then clearing cache and data
    2. clearing personal dictionary- there are no words stored there!
    3. turning off all autocorrect and suggest functions

Still the word pops up every time. I cannot believe that there is no way to solve this problem ????

I would highly appreciate any advice from more experienced users!

Default Re: deleting words autosuggested by android stock keyboard

Try turning off the personalized suggestions options in the keyboard settings. It takes data from the Google apps/services that you use to suggest words. So unchecked that and then clear data.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: deleting words autosuggested by android stock keyboard

Thanks for your reply. However there is no personalized suggestions option in my keyboard sertings, only a personal dictionaey which makes no difference.

I think I found the source of the prob however− it was the options for Japanese input keyboard i have installed that needed to be changed!
    Thanked by: