Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Can't turn on, off, or re-set

Forgive me for my layperson language....
    I bought this Nexus 7 for my 11 year old daughter and we are having SOOOO much trouble! A month ago it locked us out, and we had to do a factory re-set (thanks to these forums.)
    Now it's stuck with that "X" on the screen and it won't let me do the re-set (can't get all the way through the instructions without it going back to the X) or turn it on or off. Any suggestions?

Thank you SO MUCH!

Ann

Global Posts
    22,242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Can't turn on, off, or re-set

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Schneider View Post
    Forgive me for my layperson language....
    I bought this Nexus 7 for my 11 year old daughter and we are having SOOOO much trouble! A month ago it locked us out, and we had to do a factory re-set (thanks to these forums.)
    Now it's stuck with that "X" on the screen and it won't let me do the re-set (can't get all the way through the instructions without it going back to the X) or turn it on or off. Any suggestions?

Thank you SO MUCH!

Ann
    Welcome to the forums.
    I haven't had a need to reflash a Nexus ROM, but here is some info for you to look over:
    How to manually update your Nexus tablet to KitKat [updated] | Android Central
    Even though this one os for the Galaxy Nexus, still a decent read: What is a Nexus stock image, and how do you use it? | Android Central

Here is a general guide to reflash a stock ROM: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 - Factory Image Restore

And here is where you need to get your files: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Devlyn16 likes this.