Noticeable Delay Snapping Pictures with Stock Camera App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else seeing this, or have a work around or alternate camera app that doesn't exhibit this problem?

Nexus 7 (2013) with current OS (4.4.2) and latest Google camera app (2.1.037).

When taking pictures it seems to take a couple of seconds between the capture button press and when the picture is actually taken.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine is quick.
Can you quantify that - is it less than a second?
Does it persist after a reboot?
I had just powered it on.
Is the delay due to trying to focus?
I didn't see any refocusing during the capture, and I took several pictures from the same location pointed at the same object (not quickly, but waiting for the dog to come back into view), so it shouldn't have to focus after each one.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Definitely less than a second. It's comparable to the camera on my Nexus 5, which is maybe a couple tenths of a second to focus and shoot.

What happens if you uninstall the update to the camera? Does it still lag?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Can you quantify that - is it less than a second?I had just powered it on.I didn't see any refocusing during the capture, and I took several pictures from the same location pointed at the same object (not quickly, but waiting for the dog to come back into view), so it shouldn't have to focus after each one.

How does it work on a stationary object and fixed camera position? A dog walking in and out of scene may cause the camera app to de-focus and re-focus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs