Nexus Media Importer with my Nexus 7 Can't see any files

Christine Zhu

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I just bought a nexus gen 7 and downloaded Nexus Media Importer today. My android version is the latest4.4.2. However, when I plugged the OTG cable in, NMI can see the my USB, but there aren't any files that I can see in the directory. I checked the connection using OTG Troubleshoot, and everything is connected. My USB is formatted to be FAT. So can anyone tell me why no files appear in my NMI?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just bought a nexus gen 7 and downloaded Nexus Media Importer today. My android version is the latest4.4.2. However, when I plugged the OTG cable in, NMI can see the my USB, but there aren't any files that I can see in the directory. I checked the connection using OTG Troubleshoot, and everything is connected. My USB is formatted to be FAT. So can anyone tell me why no files appear in my NMI?

Try using a file manager like ES File Explorer to see if you can see your files that way.

Lupelamenta

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have had similar problems and the reason is that both the mini usb port, charger, and usb cable on the Nexus 7 tablet are extremely flimsy. Try another OTG cable and make sure it fits snugly into both the Nexus and the USB port into which you are plugging. FYI, Monoprice has a huge selection of cables from which to choose at a very reasonable price. It may be as simple as that.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't purchase NMI but just to test to see if USB OTG was working I used Nexus Photo Viewer: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.homeysoft.nexususb.viewer&token=NQqq76go and it was able to see all of the pictures on the HDD that I connected. If OTG Troubleshooter: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.homesoft.otgtroubshooter&token=ofyE6A4D worked correctly then it seems more like a content issue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith