Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus Media Importer with my Nexus 7 Can't see any files

Hi, I just bought a nexus gen 7 and downloaded Nexus Media Importer today. My android version is the latest4.4.2. However, when I plugged the OTG cable in, NMI can see the my USB, but there aren't any files that I can see in the directory. I checked the connection using OTG Troubleshoot, and everything is connected. My USB is formatted to be FAT. So can anyone tell me why no files appear in my NMI?

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Nexus Media Importer with my Nexus 7 Can't see any files

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Zhu View Post
    Hi, I just bought a nexus gen 7 and downloaded Nexus Media Importer today. My android version is the latest4.4.2. However, when I plugged the OTG cable in, NMI can see the my USB, but there aren't any files that I can see in the directory. I checked the connection using OTG Troubleshoot, and everything is connected. My USB is formatted to be FAT. So can anyone tell me why no files appear in my NMI?
    Try using a file manager like ES File Explorer to see if you can see your files that way.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

I have had similar problems and the reason is that both the mini usb port, charger, and usb cable on the Nexus 7 tablet are extremely flimsy. Try another OTG cable and make sure it fits snugly into both the Nexus and the USB port into which you are plugging. FYI, Monoprice has a huge selection of cables from which to choose at a very reasonable price. It may be as simple as that.

What are the file extensions (formats)? NMI recognizes most formats -- but not all. Check the list on NMI website.

I didn't purchase NMI but just to test to see if USB OTG was working I used Nexus Photo Viewer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...exususb.viewer and it was able to see all of the pictures on the HDD that I connected. If OTG Troubleshooter: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tgtroubshooter worked correctly then it seems more like a content issue.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk