Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 2013 Nexus 7 incompatible with Samsung Multiroom App

Not sure if anyone has come across a similar issue, but I just cannot figure this out.

I purchased a Samsung shape M7 speaker (Works like a Sonos over Wi-Fi) which requires the Samsung Multiroom App for them to work and be controlled by, downloaded it to my HTC One and it worked great, so good that I thought it would be a good idea to buy a Nexus 7 (2013) to use has a home control. Unfortunately the Play store tells me the App is incompatible with the Nexus 7 and will not let me download it?. Even stranger ,a friend has a 2012 nexus 7 and has no problem downloading the app.

I don't really want sell the nexus but the main reason to buy was to use it as the control for the speakers. I'm not to keen on the idea of rooting my device just so I can side load the app.

Does anyone have an idea as to why it is incompatible on a 2013 model but works with a 2012, or have another way to download the app.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: 2013 Nexus 7 incompatible with Samsung Multiroom App

I tried to find an apk for you to install but I can't find anything:/ Samsung maybe hasn't added support for this device.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to Android Central! Keep in mind that the 2013 Nexus 7 is not at all identical to the 2012 Nexus 7. For one thing, the 2013 version uses a completely different CPU (Snapdragon vs Tegra), so that may be an issue when it comes to compatibility. If you were to find the .apk installer file for Multiroom and tried to install it on your 2013 Nexus 7, there is no guarantee that it would work.

Have you contacted Samsung support about this?

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for your help.

I did contact Samsung, they responded with the same comments found in the user guide, and the app guidelines, ie it will work with android devices 2.3.3(gingerbread) or above. They do have a disclaimer that some devices may not be compatible, but when I asked what they may be the Samsung rep did not know.

Do you think the hardware specs on the Nexus will stop me from installing the app even if I root it with Cyanogenmod.

Now it does say smart devices on the App, but I would assume it is for phones and tablets (as it works on the 2012 nexus 7 and would also be compatible on an old HP touchpad running cyanogenmod)

It is strange that a newer device with better specs and an up to date operating version fails to be compatible, It would be great to just understand the reason for it.

Thanks again.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for looking..the speakers have only been out for a few months so I think they are having teething troubles with the App.

Try using Share Apps (Applications): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vaexp.shareapk to save the file and then email it (or whatever you prefer) to the Nexus 7 and see what happens.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

GSDer, thanks for the help... just tried Share Apps and it worked great, got to download the Samsung Multiroom app on to the Nexus 7 and it all works. Very cool.

I really appreciated everybody's help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Try using Share Apps (Applications): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vaexp.shareapk to save the file and then email it (or whatever you prefer) to the Nexus 7 and see what happens.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk