Google keyboard customization?

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I keep finding myself inadvertently pressing the numerical section from the regular keyboard (from alphabet keyboard to numerical keyboard) while typing. Sometimes when I am typing the word "the" i accidentally hit the numerical keyboard area and my "the" comes out as "t-3". Lol. So, I want to either remove the "?123" button or just move it around. I looked in the settings option, but cannot find anything. Thanks for the help.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I keep finding myself inadvertently pressing the numerical section from the regular keyboard (from alphabet keyboard to numerical keyboard) while typing. Sometimes when I am typing the word "the" i accidentally hit the numerical keyboard area and my "the" comes out as "t-3". Lol. So, I want to either remove the "?123" button or just move it around. I looked in the settings option, but cannot find anything. Thanks for the help.

I don't believe that's an option on the Google keyboard. Its pretty simple of a keyboard with only the most basic settings and not much customization...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There are some customizations, but not the kind you are referring to. As for me, I love Google keyboard. You could increase the longpress delay. That may help. It is in the advanced part of the settings.

parchping

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
For a completely different approach, try an external keyboard. If there are still problems with key location, I'm pretty sure there's an app. I bought an Anker T320. Still not something I'd want to type a novel on, but it is fabulous compared to the on screen keyboard.