Auto Rotate does not work.

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I never had this problem until recently, lately my tablet's screen is stuck in portrait and it won't rotate at all, I have auto rotate on and tried turning it off and on and nothing. I even factory reset and nothing.Does anyone else have this problem? Is this some bug that can be fixed with an update?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
It never rotates anywhere. I tried the cache wipe just now and it's still not working.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah nothing you suggested work. It was working fine before I don't know why it stopped working.

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
It started working again for some reason. I will update if the problem occurs again. Update : now it doesn't work again.

Last edited:

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Every time I shut off the tablet overnight the auto rotate will work again, but it will lock again later on.

sethgoldstein

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea get that app and you can leave it on auto for most of the time but when you need it horizontal and it won't leave Vertical it's 'a good hack.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Every time I shut off the tablet overnight the auto rotate will work again, but it will lock again later on.

Is it specific applications? In the application manifest you can specific that the application can only be used in specific orientations.

BergallFT

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any cover or case on mine and the auto rotate is flaky. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes a reset fixes it for awhile and sometimes it doesn't. Also the touchscreen will be non-responsive when trying to unlock at times. My wife's Nexus 7 is experiencing the same issues.

danyal997

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, I just turn it off and on again and the feature starts working fine some app or function causes it (my own assumption) as the time between it happening again is different. I dont know which app

jermajesty

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Still having this problem? I have the same thing happening. Called Google while still under warranty and they said it was because static builds up on the accelerometer and requires a soft reset. Turn the tablet off. Wait a few minutes. Press and hold the power button for 30+ seconds (let it cycle through turning on and off) and let it finish it's cycle to off after holding it for 30 seconds (thus the +). Power it back on and it should be fixed.

I still have to do this every day or so, so it is not a complete fix. I notice it locks up sitting in my case and stays fixed longer if I wipe out the inside of the case and back of the tablet with someone damp (attempting to remove any lingering static).

Mozillo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I removed my covet and the rotate still doesn't work, even temporary work, should I just sent it in? I sent it in before and I got it around January 2014 so Is it still under warranty.

Issac Johnson

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Use cleanmaster clean junk clear ram...

Settings>accessibility>Untick Auto rotate>restart, Wait 5 minutes turn back on then tick the auto rotate in settings.

Posted via the Android Central App