- 66 Posts
Google Nexus 7 (2013) Video Recording is Choppy
So I've had this device for a couple weeks and it's simply fantastic. The camera is very nice, despite what I've heard others say (of course it's no professional camera), and I was going to try and use it as a camera for recording videos I make with a friend.
I've noticed that the rear camera records very choppy videos whether it's 1080p or 720p. Does anyone else get this?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
- 05-14-2014, 09:00 PM #2
- 09-28-2014, 12:08 PM #3
- 1 Posts
Re: Google Nexus 7 (2013) Video Recording is Choppy
I've been having the same problems. After the kitkat update, I noticed all the videos (whther 720p or 1080p are recorded at a choppy 22fps with a reduced bitrate as well). The bitrate used to be ~12mbps now it's about 8mbps. One semi-reasonable workaround is using a different app which lets you specify your recording paramaters and codecs. For example, I've found the app "Focal" (beta/free) to give me smooth 30fps 1080p video. I would also recommend trying "Snap Camera HDR" (free). Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I still get periodic dropped frames so the video recording isn't 100% smooth, but it's a lot better than this bungled update.
- By kkel19 in forum LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 05-16-2014, 09:57 AM
- By dcfc561 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 9Last Post: 05-16-2014, 09:11 AM
- By CannedBullets in forum HTC One M8Replies: 6Last Post: 05-13-2014, 01:38 PM
- By Monsla in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 05-13-2014, 09:56 AM
- By bezhermoso in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2014, 12:35 AM