When I casting a youtube video from my nexus 7 to my tv via chromecast, I have to wake up the tablet, unlock the screen, then pull up the youtube window and press pause or play.

I seem to remember in the past that if my tablet went to sleep while I was watching a youtube video, I could just wake it up and I could pause or play the video directly from the lock screen, just like netflix.

I don't know why this no longer works for youtube. Is there some kind of setting I need to change? Or am I remembering things incorrectly? I could have swore I was able to pause and play youtube from the lock screen when I first got my tablet.
    05-15-2014 11:08 AM
    What happens when you're NOT casting YouTube and you try the same thing - do the controls show up on the lockscreen then?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-15-2014 06:41 PM
    I am pretty sure I can do that on my device. But, I will give it a try. Also, I am not using a ChromeCast, my TV has that casting capability built in.
    05-15-2014 07:48 PM
    What happens when you're NOT casting YouTube and you try the same thing - do the controls show up on the lockscreen then?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    I played a youtube video with out casting it, when I hit the sleep button, the normal lock screen showed up when I woke it back up. I had to unlock it and pull up the youtube video to continue watching.
    05-16-2014 11:06 AM
    I am pretty sure I can do that on my device. But, I will give it a try. Also, I am not using a ChromeCast, my TV has that casting capability built in.
    So I gave it a try and like Terrorizer, the normal lock screen appeared. No special screen for controlling the TV
    05-16-2014 03:18 PM
    So I gave it a try and like Terrorizer, the normal lock screen appeared. No special screen for controlling the TV
    Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I could swear it did that before.
    05-16-2014 05:41 PM
    Well regardless of weather or not it did it before, the latest update added it. Also, voice to text now works (again) on youtube. I am happy.
    06-15-2014 01:00 PM