Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does Anyone Know How To Get Free Data From T-Mobile On The N7 2013?

I'm an AT&T customer mostly because T-Mobile isn't the best in my area. If you go about an hour in a few different directions, you get 4G on T-Mobile, but at my house we're still in 2G. I'd heard that you can get 200mb of data for life on a tablet without doing anything else to it, and wanted to know if anyone has been successful in doing so? If you have been, can you show me how to do it? I'm not sure I want to spend $120/year adding the N7 to my plan with AT&T since I will only use it every once in a great while away from wi-fi, but I will if it's my only option. This T-Mobile thing just seemed to be a good option for what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Default Re: Does Anyone Know How To Get Free Data From T-Mobile On The N7 2013?

You can go to a T-Mobile store and they can set you up.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You can go to a T-Mobile store and they can set you up.

Unfortunately I don't have a store around here. So I'm trying to figure it out on my own.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The data may be free, but I'm pretty sure you still have to get a plan through T-Mobile, which will cost you another monthly fee in addition to your AT&T bill. Probably won't be worth it.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    The data may be free, but I'm pretty sure you still have to get a plan through T-Mobile, which will cost you another monthly fee in addition to your AT&T bill. Probably won't be worth it.

There was supposedly a way around having to actually sign up for a plan, but I'm not 100% sure how to do it. I can sign it up on my AT&T account for $10/month and get a $100 credit towards my account. So that might be the easier route to take.

You do not need another plan from tmobile, so long as you own the device (no device payment plan with tmobile).

http://www.t-mobile.com/landing/brin...wn-tablet.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have a store around here. So I'm trying to figure it out on my own.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Did you try to call them?

But it says you have to activate a Mobile Internet account, which would mean a monthly fee, right?

But it says you have to activate a Mobile Internet account, which would mean a monthly fee, right?
    No.. You do not have any fee. Just order a SIM then when activating and creating the account choose the free data plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra
    Thanked by:

Correct, no monthly fee. You do have to buy a sim though.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I have a N7, and Tmo. Can you please explain how this works? I understand I would have to order a sim but how would my 7 get connected? I feel stupid like I'm missing something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jeni1072 View Post
    I have a N7, and Tmo. Can you please explain how this works? I understand I would have to order a sim but how would my 7 get connected? I feel stupid like I'm missing something lol.
    You would have to call tmobile or go to a store for them to set you up with an account.

As of October 1st, 2014 T-Mobile was still offering the free monthly 200 MB deal.

I got it set up at a corporate owned store and just paid them $10 for the SIM card. Some months they have a promotion were the card is a buck or free. I went to another corporate store in Sept. but the guy there said he was only aware of free data associated with a plan. In hind sight, I think he was being dishonest in order to sell a phone plan. After his line, I checked out the T-Mobile site and found out the deal was still being offered. They also have information on setting it up, but the rep in the store took care of all of that for me. It works great when you are in a coverage area. You can buy addition data on an as need basis if 200 MB is not enough during a month.