Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any way to block SMS text on Nexus 7 kit-Kat?

I've installed the Nexus 5 SMS app, but can find no way to block text. Every app on the play store says not compatable. (SMS Pro does not work. Cannot even enter text, except in big edit, and it only saves draft.). Nexus 5 app works fine, but no way to block spam.

Default Re: Any way to block SMS text on Nexus 7 kit-Kat?

this is for nexus 7, not 5.

if u don't want txt. then don't install the app. isn't that simple? or just don't get online. problem solved.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So by your logic, if I don't like calls from telemarketers, I should get rid of all my phones?
    I do have a Nexus 7. Before Kit-Kat, there were lots of Apps that would block SMS texts from blocked numbers. But that api was removed from Kit-Kat (desire to rant here, resisted). So programmers now have to write their own code. AVG is working on writing their code.

But has anybody rewritten their text blocking app to work with Kit-Kat?

yes but since this problem is with the nexus 5 you should post in that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by y2whisper View Post
    yes but since this problem is with the nexus 5 you should post in that forum.
    I am thinking maybe the OP installed the Nexus 5 SMS app on his Nexus 7. Maybe not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    You can observe a lot by watching- Yogi Berra

what kind of apps are you using? why do you get lots of txt? i only use google voice to txt. i don't get spams at all.

You can install Call Control on your Nexus 5 and put the calls you don't want on the Black List. You can also register you phone number on the national Do Not Call Registry. The Call Control app is available from the Play Store and works great. It also has a reverse lookup feature. I don't answer calls I don't recognize, but I can look them up later to see where they're coming from.
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

T-Mobile Note 4 (5.0.1)
    2013 Nexus 7 wifi (5.1.1)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    T-Mobile Gear S
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by preppystud View Post
    what kind of apps are you using? why do you get lots of txt? i only use google voice to txt. i don't get spams at all.
    Difficult to know where the spam text is from - it is in a foreign language but every one has a youtube URL in it. I get multiple texts from the same number, so would be easy to eliminate the problem with a blacklist. (And in reply to earlier comment, yes, I installed Nexus 5 SMS app on my Nexus 7.)
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Found an app that works with KitKat. Blacklist by Anttec.