Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 gps

I am confused on this issue regarding the GPS feature. I had tried to use it by using a navigation app. OK to set up the app but when tried to use it, it constantly was disconnecting from the satellite which rendered the gps feature useless. Is there a fix for this or did I just get screwed on that particular feature? Also tried a different NAV app but that did not solve the problem.

Global Posts
    13,135 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Nexus 7 gps

Quote Originally Posted by sibub View Post
    I am confused on this issue regarding the GPS feature. I had tried to use it by using a navigation app. OK to set up the app but when tried to use it, it constantly was disconnecting from the satellite which rendered the gps feature useless. Is there a fix for this or did I just get screwed on that particular feature? Also tried a different NAV app but that did not solve the problem.
    It may not be so much as the gps, but probably the lack of data if you don't have an LTE model and are trying to get navigation instructions when you don't have a Wi-Fi connection.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I had contacted Google chat. They suggested I try using it by booting to safe mode. That way if there are any apps that may be conflicting will not be loaded in safe mode. I will try that next time. Also there will be a software patch coming but not know when for this issue. Should not need a Wi-Fi connection for this. I have downloaded offline maps as well.

You could try GPS Test: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcross.gpstest - I happened to have Wi-Fi turned on but I'm sure it's not required for an accurate fix.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    sibub likes this.

Scam alert, Google GPS navigation doesn't work without an internet connection. This N7 is just a handy Skype appliance, camera, and VOIP phone if your provider has a working android app.

Beyond that, it looks like it was primarily designed to push advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by cab2 View Post
    Beyond that, it looks like it was primarily designed to push advertisements.
    If you say so. I'm currently enjoying all of the ads in
    WD S1 http://market.android.com/details?id...walkingdead100
    XCOM http://market.android.com/details?id...2kgames.xcomeu

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk