Nexus 7 (2013) Touchscreen doesn't work at certain angles

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Nexus 7 2013 since October and it's my first Android tablet since BlackBerry decided to kill the PlayBook. Unfortunately I've had touchscreen related problems with my Nexus since I've had it. At certain angles the touch mechanism of the screen doesn't recognise touches from my fingers - I've noticed this problem most when using a case that allows me to tilt the screen so that I can see it. The case allows for a ~30-40 degree tilt.

I sent it off to Asus and found that they weren't able to mend it in any way which leads me to believe that there are some apps that affect the touch mechanism of the tablet, somehow. I was wondering if anyone has a way of either fixing the problem or finding the apps in question, using a feasible method.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
It happened after a while but not too long after I took it out of the box.

Posted via my Z10 using Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would do a factory reset, and slowly reinstall apps then. 2 or 3 at a time, and wait a few days before adding 2 or 3 more.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

ruhban

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I've done a few resets already and they kind of worked but I experienced the touch issue. I was hoping you wouldn't say that :(

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton