Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google nexus 7 (2012) tablet constant 'unfortunately ..... has stopped' message. HELP PLEASE

Hi, i've had my google nexus 7 (2012) tablet since christmas 2012 and its been absolutely great until recently, I constantly get the 'unfortunately ......... has stopped' on pretty much every app, so I turned it off the other day and when I went to turn it back on it was just stuck on the floating circles for about 35 minutes, I don't know what I did but I was just turning it on and off and it finally turned on, and yesterday it did the same thing but would not go off the floating circles for about 4 hours and I was about to factory reset when it FINALLY came back on but since then I've been getting the 'unfortunately .......... has stopped' constantly and I dont want to turn it off in fear of it getting stuck on the welcome circles again. Someone help please, I don't really know much about tablets and rooting and stuff and it's really stressing me out now

Global Posts
    30,612 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Google nexus 7 (2012) tablet constant 'unfortunately ..... has stopped' message. HELP PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by abi betts View Post
    Hi, i've had my google nexus 7 (2012) tablet since christmas 2012 and its been absolutely great until recently, I constantly get the 'unfortunately ......... has stopped' on pretty much every app, so I turned it off the other day and when I went to turn it back on it was just stuck on the floating circles for about 35 minutes, I don't know what I did but I was just turning it on and off and it finally turned on, and yesterday it did the same thing but would not go off the floating circles for about 4 hours and I was about to factory reset when it FINALLY came back on but since then I've been getting the 'unfortunately .......... has stopped' constantly and I dont want to turn it off in fear of it getting stuck on the welcome circles again. Someone help please, I don't really know much about tablets and rooting and stuff and it's really stressing me out now
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would charge the device a little, and reboot into recovery to clear the cache partition. Here is how: [GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Google nexus 7 (2012) tablet constant 'unfortunately ..... has stopped' message. HELP PLEASE

Thank you for the help, however I did the wipe and rebooted the system and it's still stuck on the floating circles :/

It would be a good time to reload the firmware. You can find it here - just
    - boot into Fastboot mode (with the device completely off, press-and-hold Volume Down + Power)
    - connect it to your computer
    - download Fastboot.exe from XDA
    - run "fastboot oem unlock" from a Command prompt (elevated to Administrator privilege) (this WILL wipe your device)
    - then extract the contents of the firmware download and run the "flash-all.bat" file

Or you can use Root Toolkit http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    It would be a good time to reload the firmware. You can find it here - just
    - boot into Fastboot mode (with the device completely off, press-and-hold Volume Down + Power)
    - connect it to your computer
    - download Fastboot.exe from XDA
    - run "fastboot oem unlock" from a Command prompt (elevated to Administrator privilege) (this WILL wipe your device)
    - then extract the contents of the firmware download and run the "flash-all.bat" file

Or you can use Root Toolkit Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.3 | WugFresh

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Hi thanks for reply, quick question, what do you mean by wipe? do you mean my personal data will be lost? or do you mean the operating system will be wiped? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abi betts View Post
    do you mean my personal data will be lost? or do you mean the operating system will be wiped?
    I mean both - it's the equivalent of doing a Factory Reset and a firmware reload.