Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Upload Photo Attempt Gives Me Album Covers and Unknown Stuff

1. When attempting to upload a few photos from my Nexus 7, why is my photo editor, Adobe Lightroom 5.4, showing me what appears to be every jpg in the tablet, of which there are many thousands? These are jpgs associated mainly with musical audio files and various software applications installed on the tablet.

2. Also, why might the Import Dialog in the Lightroom Library allow me to Add photos? It is only allowing me to Copy them.

3. If and when I manage to get the photos I took uploaded to my computer, how do I remove them from the tablet?

Default Re: Upload Photo Attempt Gives Me Album Covers and Unknown Stuff

Photo editing apps will often show images that other apps use--sometimes icons, sometimes thumbnails. Music apps may build up a big database of thumbnails. If you get rid of them, but keep using the app, that database will just get built up again.

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

So how can I get the tablet to just upload photos I took?

Are you talking about downloading photos to your computer, or uploading to Google+ Photos? If you want to upload to Google+ Photos, then you can turn on Auto-Backup, which will automatically upload all photos you take to your Google+ Photos library in the cloud. Go to Google Settings>Google+, and select Auto Backup.

If you want to download your photos to your computer, I find the easiest way is to connect using a USB cable, then use your computer's file manager to go to the DCIM/Camera folder, where all of the photos you actually took will be stored. Then drag and drop them to your computer.