4.4.3 for the LTE model?

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering what happened..........I thought all Nexus devices would be updated within a week of 4.4.3's release? N5 has been updated for almost 10 days or more!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

rmkilc

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
More than likely it's Verizon insisting on getting their dirty paws on it before it's released. Google should kick Verizon to the curb if they are going to treat the openness of GSM (LTE is a derivative of GSM, and the Nexus 7 only supports Verizon LTE) like it is their closed proprietary CDMA garbage.

ymmy

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Verizon has nothing to go with this update, blame Google. We have one Verizon and two T-mobile models here, still no update as of right now 'June 14 2014 ' I live 20miles away from Google main office in Mountain view.

rmkilc

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has nothing to go with this update, blame Google. We have one Verizon and two T-mobile models here, still no update as of right now 'June 14 2014 ' I live 20miles away from Google main office in Mountain view.
There is no such thing as a Verizon model or T-Mobile model. They are all the same. If you purchase one from T-Mobile, it is the exact same thing as if you purchased it from Google Play or Verizon.

If Verizon insists on getting involved with the software, it effects ALL Nexus 7 LTE tablets, as the software is the same.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ymmy

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple and Nexus product lines are not Verizon branded products. Not their business to push google or apple to give you latest os update. You can drop Verizon service today and install At&T sim tomorrow then blame At&T .

rmkilc

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Apple and Nexus product lines are not Verizon branded products. Not their business to push google or apple to give you latest os update. You can drop Verizon service today and install At&T sim tomorrow then blame At&T .
You still don't get it. I don't use Verizon. I use T-Mobile. But since Google designed the Nexus 7 to be compatible with Verizon, and advertised it that way, Verizon insists on being involved with the software and "approving" it even though it is a GSM device using open standards.

Yes I can put my AT&T SIM card in it. That has no bearing on anything. AT&T doesn't muck up and get in the way of open standards. Neither does T-Mobile. How is this so difficult to understand?

ymmy

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Verizon insists on being involved with the software and "approving"
So how come apple people always getting their iOS iPhones & iPads updates on all devices (WiFI / LTE) and service providers simultaneously? Do you think Verizon have to approve all iOS updates too?

rmkilc

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So how come apple people always getting their iOS iPhones & iPads updates on all devices (WiFI / LTE) and service providers simultaneously? Do you think Verizon have to approve all iOS updates too?
Yes.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

Apple actually does some or most of the testing for Verizon too. Remember all the labs revealed during antennagate?

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So, you're saying that even though I bought my 7 from Best Buy unlocked (not associated with any provider), if I remove my V SIM and let it run WiFi only that Verizon has something to do with the release? Just asking.

rmkilc

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So, you're saying that even though I bought my 7 from Best Buy unlocked (not associated with any provider), if I remove my V SIM and let it run WiFi only that Verizon has something to do with the release? Just asking.
Yes. The software is the same regardless of what SIM you have in it or if you have one at all. In my opinion, that's how it should be, minus the Verizon getting involved part. GSM/LTE is an open standard, and shouldn't require any carrier input.

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Yes, since the LTE radios are in there, the OS build is different then the WiFi version.