- 2 Posts
BBC iPlayer stuttering
Using iPlayer I've downloaded some programmes to my tablet, I'm having issues with playback. The picture and sound stutters once you're 15mins or more in to watching. As it's downloaded it shouldn't be a buffering issue, I regularly clear memory using Clean Sweep.
Anyone else have this, or know of a fix?
- 06-13-2014, 09:13 AM #2
- 06-13-2014, 11:15 AM #3
- 2 Posts
Re: BBC iPlayer stuttering
Android Downloads – Playback issues
We’re aware of a couple of issues affecting Android 4 KitKat users in regards to playing programmes.
1. Video remaining as a black screen but with audio continuing. This is affecting all versions of Android 4.4.
If you get a frozen or black screen, you can usually fix it by pressing the back button to the programme information page, then tapping play again.
2. Playback starts to degrade after about 15 minutes of continuous normal playback of a downloaded programme. This issue is specific to Android version 4.4.3.
We’re working with Google to fix these bugs. Please be sure to accept future upgrades to your BBC iPlayer app and Android firmware so any fixes can take effect.
- By Jeff Allen1 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 8Last Post: 10-25-2014, 05:08 AM
- By Floridadomer in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2014, 11:00 AM
- By dan smartt in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 1Last Post: 05-21-2014, 04:38 PM
- By funbox2014 in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-07-2014, 05:36 AM
- By diamondRanch in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 04-29-2014, 04:32 PM