Broken Menu Text!

Von Adder

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 7 (2013) is displaying all it's sub menu text ie all the menus accessed from the pull down panel, in a very odd form, the lettering has artifacts sticking out of them and is jumbled. I have seen this error before but have no idea what it it is called!

This happened after a re-boot which also changed all my app short cuts by randomly moving them around the home screen!

I have now tried re-booting several times but nothing seems to fix the problem.

Last edited:

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 7 (2013) is displaying all it's sub menu text ie all the menus accessed from the pull down panel, in a very odd form, the lettering has artifacts sticking out of them and is jumbled. I have seen this error before but have no idea what it it is called!

This happened after a re-boot which also changed all my app short cuts by randomly moving them around the home screen!

I have now tried re-booting several times but nothing seems to fix the problem.
go into recovery and clear your cache.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Von Adder

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
A complete factory reset was the only possible fix. I now believe i have the culprit as well, it was the Google game Ingress! Not only did it mess with my location, it re-arranged apps and crashed the text font shutting down settings completely!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
A complete factory reset was the only possible fix. I now believe i have the culprit as well, it was the Google game Ingress! Not only did it mess with my location, it re-arranged apps and crashed the text font shutting down settings completely!
huh that's interesting. glad you got it fixed then.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000