- 1 Posts
Dropped Nexus 7 face down and experiencing "ghost" touches?
Hello, I recently dropped my Nexus 7 2013 face down and now it is experiencing "ghost" touches. It will tap in places on the screen anything has touched. I found a fix for this on another website, but it requires a factory reset because I need to unlock the bootloader. I am trying to backup some of my data on my computer but it isn't working. I plugged it in via usb and turned on usb debugging and so on, and went to my Nexus 7 folder that should contain my files. I know you have to turn on your tablet for it to show your files, but I have a password. I can't type it in because of whatever is tapping my screen. Any ideas how I can turn my tablet on?
- 06-24-2014, 06:29 PM #2
- 6,693 Posts
Re: Dropped Nexus 7 face down and experiencing "ghost" touches?
I'm very doubtful that any software fix will correct for what appears to be a hardware issue (the 'ghost' touches). Regardless, if you can't utilize the touchscreen to input your password you could try using a USB-ON-THE-GO cable - this SHOULD allow you to use a USB keyboard/mouse to input the password/navigate.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By bb12s in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2014, 10:30 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-25-2014, 06:48 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 10:00 PM
- By plevintampabay in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 7Last Post: 06-23-2014, 09:36 PM
- By sichuan in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2014, 01:31 PM