Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped Nexus 7 face down and experiencing "ghost" touches?

Hello, I recently dropped my Nexus 7 2013 face down and now it is experiencing "ghost" touches. It will tap in places on the screen anything has touched. I found a fix for this on another website, but it requires a factory reset because I need to unlock the bootloader. I am trying to backup some of my data on my computer but it isn't working. I plugged it in via usb and turned on usb debugging and so on, and went to my Nexus 7 folder that should contain my files. I know you have to turn on your tablet for it to show your files, but I have a password. I can't type it in because of whatever is tapping my screen. Any ideas how I can turn my tablet on?

Default Re: Dropped Nexus 7 face down and experiencing "ghost" touches?

I'm very doubtful that any software fix will correct for what appears to be a hardware issue (the 'ghost' touches). Regardless, if you can't utilize the touchscreen to input your password you could try using a USB-ON-THE-GO cable - this SHOULD allow you to use a USB keyboard/mouse to input the password/navigate.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk