Error Downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the device

ronald villegas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Help! i want to bang my head on the wall. :(
Recently purchased a nexus 7 and this problem occurs every time i install an app more than 100mb. I was trying to install Battlefield 4 Commander app (700mb) and Dead Trigger 2 (400mb) but no success it will download all the file but once it reaches 98% it gives that same old error.

I've tried using app cache cleaner as some people got luck fixing it but not mine. i also tried using a file explorer to search for that data/app-lib but no such folder exists.

Im running Kitkat 4.4.3 and really desperate to get a solution.

Thanks.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What does your Settings -> Storage look like?
vehysy3y.jpg
If you have at least 1GB available it shouldn't be an issue.

Have you tried rebooting into Recovery mode and wiping the system cache?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I am facing same problem of google play store When i try to download any app it occured Error " There is insufficient space on the device.
It's quite possible that your device is full. What does the Storage view show (see the previous post)? Post a screenshot if possible.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Marat Zahidylin

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Had the same message.
Error Downloading "app name" There is insufficient space on the device

What helped me:
in settings, I moved some games "from internal storage to storage card"....or I think could just delete those games

george Iverieli

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
It has worked on Kitkat so may apply to older versions of Android

a) Settings > Storage > Phone Storage ( or could be Internal storage, wherever Google Play Services is) > apps > Google Play Services > Click Clear cache > (on the same page) Manage space > Clear all data > Manage search storage > clear now > press back button <- twice and you will end up on Google Play Services - App info page > press Force stop

b) Find Google Settings among applications or under Settings > Google settings > click on menu button on the page > Clear app data

c) Launch Google play store > download desired application

Hopefully it works for you as well. Feedback will be appreciated.

Study More

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
It has worked on Kitkat so may apply to older versions of Android

a) Settings > Storage > Phone Storage ( or could be Internal storage, wherever Google Play Services is) > apps > Google Play Services > Click Clear cache > (on the same page) Manage space > Clear all data > Manage search storage > clear now > press back button <- twice and you will end up on Google Play Services - App info page > press Force stop

b) Find Google Settings among applications or under Settings > Google settings > click on menu button on the page > Clear app data

c) Launch Google play store > download desired application

Hopefully it works for you as well. Feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!! It worked for me!

Michael Jump

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
purging the data and the cache worked for me. I just looked through all the apps that were large and I did not use, purged their data. Then the download worked.

Abdallah Ali

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi george thanks very much it worked for me firist time i tried to update my facebook i got that error again and tried to do all that steps u noticed didnt work again .. I hope u tell me what to do ....

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue on my phone, and changing a setting in Play Music so it wouldn't cache songs opened up a lot of space. It still stores the music I tell it to, but doesn't cache music just because I play it.

sinai4l

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Had the same issue, the solution of george Iverieli did not work for me,
what worked for me was;
-in Apps/Google Play Service page Uninstall updates
afterwards could download and install apps.
Phone = Acer E380

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance