Spilled Water on Nexus 7. Now it won't turn off?

GhostlyGoat

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I knocked a glass of water on to my nexus so I immediately turned on the power to check if it was still working. After I wiped away all the water and thought the problem was resolved, I tried to turn off the tablet but the power button wasn't doing anything. The touch screen works fine, the volume buttons work fine. I need help soon!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Usually, the thing to do is not turn it on, disassemble if possible and place the device in rice. However, in this case, the water probably damaged the hardware beneath.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As golf said it could be damaged now. You never want to power a device up right after it gets wet. Normally you'd want to power it down (if it was on) and put it in rice after wiping the excess water off... This way the rice can try to soak up any leftover moisture from the internals.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

PPP mcleod2

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Put in rice for a few days or gently pry the case off and then left air dry for at least a day.

If you not comfortable taking the back off, try running a vacuum around the edges and openings of the unit. This may pull out any moisture trapped.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon